[plt-scheme] plai-350.plt, DrScheme v370.2

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 8 11:12:15 EDT 2007

> This occurred on a fresh download of PLT Scheme v370 as evidenced by the
> Welcome banner: "Welcome to DrScheme, version 370 [3m]". I am not
> building from source and removed my ~/Library/PLT Scheme/ directory
> before installing v370.

Ok, but now I'm slightly confused.  If DivaScheme was originally installed
through PLaneT, it should have also gotten wiped out when you removed
/Library/PLT Scheme, since that's also where your personal PLaneT stuff
should live.

> Once v370 was installed, I selected the Pretty Big language settings,
> did a "Run", restarted PLT scheme and followed the directions to load
> the PLAI teachpack. Restarted, once again, and followed the instructions
> at the DivaScheme web page.
>
> It was at this point that the error occurred. Did I miss a step along
> the way?
>
> As an aside, and I don't know if this is relevant, but I rename the
> topmost PLT folder in /Applications from "PLT Scheme" to "PLT". I only
> mention this as my ~Library folder contains a "PLT Scheme" directory.
> Might I have botched my installation?

Just to isolate: do you remember if you renamed the PLT directory before
or after installing DivaScheme?  The renaming is possibly relevant.

I remember that error message did mention 'errortrace', ad DivaScheme does
use it in its private libraries (mred-state.ss, utilities.ss)...

... Oh!  Now I see that I should NOT be using errortrace.ss directly, but
should be using errortrace-lib.ss instead.  My bad.  That might be the
problem.  I will fix my use of it.

Also, before you installed 370, what version of DrScheme did you have, and
did you also have DivaScheme installed then?

> Hope this helps, and if there is something you would like me to try, I
> would be more than willing.

Let me fix my use of errortrace there, and then I'll update the PLaneT
package.  Thanks again!

Posted on the users mailing list.