[plt-scheme] (thread read)

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 7 13:20:44 EDT 2007

That program seems to behave correctly to me. The box will only go
away when the prompt comes back, 100 seconds later.

The box is for editing input that isn't yet submitted to the REPL.
Once you hit return, the line is sent into the port and you can start
working on another line.

Robby

On 6/7/07, Chongkai Zhu <czhu at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> I tested in both v370 on Windows and v370.2 (2jun2007) on Linux.
>
> In definition window:
>
> (thread (lambda () (print (read))))
> (sleep 100)
>
> Run
>
> and then the read will only stop after 100 seconds, feeding it inputs
> just doesn't stop it.
>
> Chongkai
>

> Robby Findler wrote:
> > The program you sent doesn't do that. Maybe a little more help?
> >
> > On 6/7/07, Chongkai Zhu <czhu at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> >> Yes. If the thread's read is executed before the REPL's display prompt,
> >> it is eaten. Otherwise, it is not. But I still wonder why I will see
> >> infinitely many input boxes.
> >>
> >> Chongkai

Posted on the users mailing list.