[plt-scheme] Re: Re: Typed Scheme: Is there any easy way around this?

From: Matthew Swank (akopa.gmane.poster at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 1 01:37:39 EDT 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:04:38 -0400, Henk Boom wrote:

> On 31/05/07, Matthew Swank <akopa.gmane.poster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I like it so far.  It is a bit verbose, however.  Are there any
>> plans to support type inference?
> That's what I thought until I realized how much contract code I could
> throw away. My typed code ended up being much shorter than my
> contracted code. The only places where it was slightly annoying where
> when I needed trivial anonymous lambda expressions to hand to map and
> the like.
Well, I don't use contracts.  My basis for a claim of verbosity is my
(somewhat limited) experience of Haskell and straight lisp.

Compared to those, Typed Scheme is verbose.

"You do not really understand something unless you
 can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein.

Posted on the users mailing list.