[plt-scheme] Versioned development against Planet packages?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 31 13:17:33 EDT 2007

There isn't direct support for that, per se, but you can use the
support already in planet to achieve something like that. In
particular, if you don't modify the other programs, but do use them,
you can just use `require' the usual way and you'll get all the
benefits of vendor branches.

If you want to patch the sources, you'll have to actually download the
.plt files, unpack them (with the planet commandline tool), patch
them, and then redistribute them (either as a separate package, under
your name, or as part of your larger package).

BTW, did you see the Scheme workshop paper on planet? That might help
explain the first para above a little bit.

hth,
Robby