[plt-scheme] tutorial on threads in scheme ?

From: Ivan Altaparmakov (ialt at tu-sofia.bg)
Date: Tue Jul 24 05:49:39 EDT 2007

thanks

book on semaphores seems good
and the idea for "Concurrent Programming in ML" i s not bad
but is there electronic books (not paper) for concurrent
programming in functional languages
(not necessary for scheme but preferably)

thanks again

> As a beginner, you may want to work through a book like:
>
> http://greenteapress.com/semaphores/downey05semaphores.pdf
>
> to get around on the subject 'concurrent programming'. Next
> you can read the scheme manual to find out what threading
> primitives and model is used in PLT Scheme.
>
> I hope that helpes.
>
> --Hans

> May I suggest reading the book "Concurrent Programming in ML", which is
> coming out in a paperback edition shortly? I believe CML influenced the
> MzScheme thread implementation, and the ideas translate over quite
> nicely. There is even a chapter on implementation, which you can use to
> make small prototype threading systems of various flavours in MzScheme
> yourself. --PR

http://mail.tu-sofia.bg/

Inflex + NOD32 + SpamAssassin
Installed on mailserver for domain @tu-sofia.bg