[plt-scheme] flavoured modules

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Thu Jul 19 12:48:04 EDT 2007

Hello Scot Owens,
Thanks, I must have misunderstood the docs.
I did give it a try, but my attempt did not work. Apparantly for other reasons
(i.e. wrong coding)
I did consult the help desk, of course, but apparently not hard enough.
I'll give it another try very soon, but my impatience must wait until the
weekend because of other duties and pleasures.
In the mean time it's nice to know that the functionality is available. I'll
consult your pointers, of course.
I am also thinking of a solution in another direction, namely as folows: writing
the representation independent code in a separate file without wrapping it in a
module. This code I can inspect in language MzScheme, the identifiers of the
representation just being unbound top level ids. The macros of my representation
dependent code are such that the code using them does not have to know whether
they are macros or procedures. Then I read this code at expansion time in order
to embed it in the desired representation. In fact some flavours of
representation may provide macros and others procedures for the same
identifiers.
Thanks again, Jos Koot