[plt-scheme] Client-server example update

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 9 18:23:05 EDT 2007

At Mon, 9 Jul 2007 21:08:58 +0200, Erich Rast wrote:
> Is the use of the reader safe if the client sends malicious data
> (assuming the example is modified to work with TCP)?

Yes, except for running out of memory (due to an arbitrarily large
number, for example). You can address the mmemory issue either by using
custodian-based memory limits, or by limiting the number of bytes that
you're willing to read (via `make-limited-input-port').

> How can this be modified such that the client can call server methods
> in a more natural manner, e.g. as in (display (call-server 'date)),
> which should block until a response from the server has been obtained?

I'm not sure what you mean for this one. Do you mean a better protocol
somehow, or a better implementation of it?

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.