[plt-scheme] Parentheses and color

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Wed Jul 4 02:55:50 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean-Pierre Lozi" <jean-pierre at lozi.org>
To: <plt-scheme at list.cs.brown.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: [plt-scheme] Parentheses and color

>> A matter of taste perhaps, but I find it easier to touch the right arrow and
>> watch the highlighting than to move my eyes over the screen to look for a
>> particular color. Moreover, you may need a lot of colors for deeply nested
>> expressions, which may mean that some colors will not easily be distinguished
>> from each other.
>> Jos Koot
>
> Highlighting is pretty nice, btw - I just thought that having both
> functionalities would be even nicer :)

You have all rights for this opinion. As I said: a matter of taste, I think.
I just did a test looking into my code with invisible parentheses (white on
white background).
This would work perfect for me, except that the relevant ( ) in for instance
(syntax-rules ( ) ...) become invisible too.
Jos Koot