[plt-scheme] Parentheses and color

From: Henk Boom (lunarc.lists at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 3 16:01:25 EDT 2007

On 03/07/07, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> It doesn't provide any useful information.  Looks like the intention
> is to make it easy to match parenthesis by color, but when there are
> as many as you have in Scheme code it becomes just noise.

I would have to agree here, too much is just as bad as not enough.

However, there's a related feature in paste.lisp.org's scheme
highlighting which highlights (not just colours) them similarly, but
_only_ for parentheses which contain the cursor (in this case the
mouse). This avoids colour overload while still providing useful
information.

    Henk Boom

Posted on the users mailing list.