[plt-scheme] Web Hosting on PLT Scheme Web Server?

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Mon Jul 2 17:57:48 EDT 2007

I agree about the setting up. I've tested a setup at mihostnet.nl and
had it working
in less than an hour. A shared setup would I think also need shared
administration.
A wiki culture way of working would be my preffered way of administration.
I.e., shared responsibilities. An other option would of course be to
co-locate
a rather big server and setup an openvz (http://openvz.org/) setup;
giving each
participant its own environment.

It is possible to co-locate a server (1U) starting at EUR25 a month
(0.5MB average
bandwidth). It would also need a rack server. A 4GB AMD Athlon 64
(2.2Ghz) rack
server with 320GB harddisk with no OS (i.e. install Linux yourself)
would cost about
EUR 900,-

http://www.dataregiocentre.com/prijzen.html
http://www.webteam.nl/colocation_prijzen
http://www.meesterlijk.nl/colocatie/index.html
http://cj2hosting.nl/

Such a system could host 16 VPS openvz installations of 256MB or 8 VPS
openvz
installations of 512MB.

--Hans