[plt-scheme] Re: Stream comprehensions

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 2 17:57:49 EDT 2007

Mark Engelberg wrote:

> Now, I'm trying to move him back to Scheme to continue Htdp; problem
> is, he's been spoiled by some of the niceties of Haskell.

May I ask what you feel he is lacking from HtDP? While my admiration for
HtDP is more than considerable (I have told several hundred people on
several occasions that it is the best introductory programming text I
know of, period), it is not the only route to enlightenment. You may be
able to set some "subset" puzzles ("How would you do this without using
X, Y, or Z?") in Haskell to deepen his understanding. Or perhaps work
through writing an interpreter for a subset of Scheme in Haskell? --PR

(PS I have been told that, because I subscribe to the digest version of
plt-scheme, and thus have to cut-and-paste my subject lines, I am
breaking threading. Does anyone have a solution for this inadvertent
anti-social behaviour? I am using Thunderbird under OS X 10.4, if that
matters.)

Posted on the users mailing list.