[plt-scheme] Web Hosting on PLT Scheme Web Server?

From: kanishka (nish2575 at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 2 15:17:52 EDT 2007

We have used a Linux VM from Bytemark - www.bytemark.co.uk  Prices are
pretty good and you get a discount if you work on open source
software.

I second this notion. Been using bytemark vm for my dev server since
February. I love it.

This is the first time i haven't had a staff of DBA's and SA's to take
care of all that junk. I had intended to follow much of the Untyped
admin's advice when going live. I'm slowly documenting and automating
everything in sight, including the installed packages listing.

Wouldn't it be interesting to share a good VM for Web Serving
with people on this list? With a combi of the url-rewriting module I
posted
lately on this list and the virtual hosts of the web server it is
possible to
host a number of domains on the same machine.

I would be up for this.

As an aside, I have also been thinking about whether the NEU or Brown
folks would start to make available some dev or production space for
new web app developers on the machines they already have setup,
possibly at a fee.

Moving from local development to starting development on a server is a
hurdle right now. One that many lazy folks might persuade many lazy
folks into using python instead.

Kanishka

"in this endless race for property and privilege to be won,
we must run, we must run, we must run"

Posted on the users mailing list.