emacs key bindinge -- WAS: Re: [plt-scheme] Project management

From: hendrik at topoi.pooq.com (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Mon Jul 2 08:25:21 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 10:55:04PM -0500, Corey Sweeney wrote:

> Or perhaps some keybindings (that don't interfere with the emacs
> keybindings) could be written for "open new window" and "open file",
> and I could write a project manager from the macro language of the
> window manager....

There's a keybinding in real emacs already to open a new window; but I
don't recall what it is.

Speaking of emacs bindings, when I installed drscheme recently, Debian
told me it had emacs keyubindings, yet I find control-A selevting all
instead of going to the start of a line.  Is that a bug, or do I have to
do something to get the real emacs keybindings?  Except for control-A,
the only way I have to select text and paste it elsewhere seems to be
with the mouse.  Can I get control-@, control-W, escape-W, and control-Y
to work?

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.