[plt-scheme] Project management

From: Corey Sweeney (corey.sweeney at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 1 23:55:04 EDT 2007

I see.  Is there a "open new window" command, and a "load file"
command, so that I could do something like:

> (drscheme:new-window)
> (drscheme:load-file "file-for-win-1-tab-1")
> (drscheme:load-file "file-for-win-1-tab-2")
> (drscheme:new-window)
> (drscheme:load-file "file-for-win-2-tab-1")
> (drscheme:load-file "file-for-win-2-tab-2")

from a "interactions window"?

(with some possible "sleeps" to avoid timing issues)

Or perhaps some keybindings (that don't interfere with the emacs
keybindings) could be written for "open new window" and "open file",
and I could write a project manager from the macro language of the
window manager....

Corey

On 7/1/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Maybe it helps to know that, when you open a new file, it goes into
> the frontmost drscheme window as a tab (when you have the open-in-tabs
> preference set)?
>
> Robby
>
> On 7/1/07, Corey Sweeney <corey.sweeney at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I seem toI have managed to exceed the 2 Gigs of memory in my new
> > machine during development, so I'm interested in looking at more
> > efficent ways of doing project management.
> >
> > Right now, I have a linux (bash) script launch 4 copies of drscheme,
> > each copy with about 10 tabs.
> >
> > Is there a way to open a second window from the command prompt, and
> > load files into tabs in the second window?  My idea is that by only
> >

> > Or, alternatively, is there a way of opening windows, and loading
> > files into tabs from the interaction prompt?  Something like:
> >
> > > (define window1 (drscheme:new-window))
> > > (drscheme:load-file-in-tab "file1.scm" window1)
> > > (drscheme:load-file -in-tab "file2.ss" window1)
> > > (define window2 (drscheme:new-window))
> > > (drscheme:load-file-in-tab  "file3.ss" window2)
> > > (drscheme:load-file-in-tab  "file4.scm" window2)
> >
> > Due to some conversations I've had in the past, I'm guessing that
> > would have to be nested,  I.E. every time I wanted to edit a file,
> > load drscheme, and have it open a file, which has (require
> > "drscheme.ss") or something in it, and auto-run it.  (by the way, how
> > do you "auto-run" a program in drscheme?), then type something like
> > that at the interaction prompt, which would open the tabs in a nested
> > copy of drscheme?  Which would give me 2 running copies of drscheme,
> > which while non-ideal, would be better then 4.
> >
> > Or would the "load-file-in-tab" functions be protected behind a module
> > barrier, and thefrore inaccessable?
> >
> > I'm not really sure about anything here, so this is kind of a general
> > probe.  I'm just looking for a solution that I can interactively
> > improve from the "interactions area" as i'm using it.
> >

> > Corey
> >

> > --
> > ((lambda (y) (y y)) (lambda (y) (y y)))

((lambda (y) (y y)) (lambda (y) (y y)))