[plt-scheme] SQLite

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Jan 30 14:05:17 EST 2007

On Jan 30, 2007, at 10:19 AM, Jay McCarthy wrote:

> I believe I referred to this as a problem because I changed
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /sw/lib, a change which I would expect to
> be respected. Is there another environment variable to use with dlopen
> on OS X?

This map be insultingly obvious, but I'll mention it anyway: If you
start applications from the OS X finder, they don't inherit
environment variables from standard .cshrc-et-al files.  There are
various ways to remedy this, but the easiest way is simply to start
DrScheme at the command line.

But you knew that, right?

Of course, the context of the question was what documentation to
provide to users, and for them, it's not reasonable to suggest that
they always start from the command line. So I think the suggestion
that you made is not an unreasonable one, with the change that the
documentation should be grumpy about the breakdown of the environment
variable system, rather than suggesting that it's a bug in the FFI
library.

John Clements