[plt-scheme] HTML Links

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 17:25:10 EST 2007

Hi All,

I'm experimenting with the PLT Webserver. I see that forms work
very well functional, i.e., I can do send/suspend and when I post the
form, it will pick up right after that and all the local data is still
available.

I figure this data is related to the id part of the /servlet<id>/ stuff
in the
http address.

I'm curious however:

1. Can I keep a session running, while the user is browsing the website,
   without the forms? I.e., when the user just clicks html links, will I be
   able to keep a "connection" over the connection-less http protocol?
   Should I be doing something, combining send/suspend with a cookie?

2. Is it possible to hide the /servlet<id>/ thing?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Hans

Posted on the users mailing list.