[plt-scheme] windows aborts Drscheme

From: jos koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Jan 20 17:48:21 EST 2007

Hi Matthew
I'll send you my program in a seperate mail, for it wont be accepted by the
PLT discussion list. It's too big.
My program (in fact a sequence of about 16 test programs) does not crash
when I open the main scm file in a clean system and press the run button
without editing anything and without other applications running. 50 times
out of 100 the program, which takes about 200 seconds, crashes when I
meanwhile open internet explorer and outlook express just to abide my time
waiting for the program to finish. Today I runned the program about 20 times
and I estimate it crashed (or windows made it crash) more than 10 times.
Further data are: The program consumes almost 100% cpu time, and a maximum
of about 0.6 Gbyte (my machine has 1 Gbyte Ram) I have chosen the memory
requirements such as to prevent Windows from trashing (after trashing by a
PLT scheme program, Windows keeps having trashing problems even after
closing all MrEd based applications, but to me this seems rather a Windows
problem than a DrScheme problem)
I always run my program with language MzScheme without debugging.
Thanks again for your attention, Jos Koot.