[plt-scheme] automarking again

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jan 15 21:31:03 EST 2007

On Jan 13, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2007, at 11:16 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
> > Maybe the handin server is the right place to start to build a
> > library of functions for things like what PR is trying to do?
> We should consider "componentizing" this thing so that Prabhakar
> could forward the submissions to his automatic submission system ('s
> backend). This would mean that the TAs don't have to change their
> work habits. (And it could be a good test of the new units.)

Done.  There is a new "sandbox.ss" module in the handin server that
provides the code testing functionality that the handin-server is
using, but it's available without using the rest of the handin-server
so it can be used off-line.  The documentation (in
handin-server/doc.txt) has been updated accordingly.

BTW, something that may be interesting there for situations where you
want to write tests that involve resource limits is a `with-limits'
form that restricts time and memory use of its body (it will simply
raise an exception if it runs out of time or memory).