[plt-scheme] Re: 359.3 -   in documentation

From: Matthew Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 8 11:35:53 EST 2007

Hi Kyle,

Your best resource for SVN is

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

As to "staying current automatically," I don't think you can do that
short of via a script. But I don't think you need to, really. After
doing the checkout (HOWTO on the PLT SVN page), you just need to

 > cd [plt directory]
 > svn up

before building the most recent release. Updating a Subversion
repository isn't that hard, so automating that process might be overkill.

Beyond that, Robby pointed you to their SVN repository page, which is
about all a developer should be expected to provide. The PLT repository
doesn't really behave any differently than any other SVN repository I've
encountered. All the rest of the documentation you might need is in the
on-line SVN book.

Hope that helps,
Matt

Kyle Smith wrote:

 > However, this would be my first time using svn.  Do the good folks at
 > PLT have a white paper on how to get a client svn setup for use with the
 > PLT repsoistory and stay current automatically?  I'd appreciate anything
 > you might have on this topic.

Posted on the users mailing list.