[plt-scheme] Announce: mzgtk2 release 2 version 2.6.10.002

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Sat Jan 6 15:54:21 EST 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 14:18, Corey Sweeney wrote:
> However on top of the gtk2 calls in mzgnome, we wrote "Mrdead".
> Mrdead is a bunch of plt-standard objects that wrap the mzgnome gtk
> commands to exactly match the Mred interface.  I.E.  It was
> possible to write a program that workd with Mred, or gtk, depending
> on which module you "(require " 'd.   This was ideal cause it
> allowed use of the current tools, and at the developers option, you
> could use either the continuation safe version (if you wanted to
> use continuations), or the pretty version (if you wanted to use
> themes or whatever).  Also this make gtk work with GUIbuilder,
> which as pretty cool.

I was going to ask if anyone had done this, and there you have.  Only
the name "MrDead" might be dispiriting.  Where did that name come
from?  If it's really from the Grateful Dead, OK, I can map that.

I offer a feeble alternative name:   MkGoo?  Goo as in GUI, k as in
gtk.  k could also be for kontinuation if the gtk end of things
becomes continuation-safe.  Goo also because of Mr Magoo, a cartoon
from my youth.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk