[plt-scheme] Announce: mzgtk2 release 2 version 2.6.10.002

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Sat Jan 6 15:38:05 EST 2007

> I thoght SWIG was designed precisely to help with these kinds of things.
>
> Robby

Yest it is, and we've had such a discussion before. It does
all the type mapping for me that I need. For Gtk+, it's perfect.
It takes me generally about 5 minutes to add a new Gtk+ header
file to mzgtk2. Of course I still need to write the OO wrapping
class in ROOS, but that generally also isn't taking much time.

Most of the time, I'm writing newer, more complex widgets, e.g. such
as mzgtk2-workspace, that acts like an eclipse workspace environment,
making it possible to drag your tab anywhere and let the user create,
it's own workspace.

--Hans

Posted on the users mailing list.