[plt-scheme] Announce: mzgtk2 release 2 version 2.6.10.002

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Sat Jan 6 12:52:43 EST 2007

Dear Chongkai,

I'll do that some time in the future, but it has no priority at the moment
I'm too busy working on a homeopathy program, using mzgtk2.

The main reason I started the project some years ago, was because
I wanted a solid portable widget for a GUI for bigloo. In the
process I switched to PLT Scheme, mainly because it implements
the R5RS standard much better and macro support is fabulous.

I did look a littlebit to MrEd. Not in depth however. I still wanted
a solid widget base that is constantly under development and that
is portable enough for Windows/Linux/UNIX/Mac OS. Gtk
provided me with what I wanted, so I went with that.

The binding code for MzGtk2 is also based on ROOS, an OO
system that is very similar to perl's OO system. I always liked
perl's OO system for its simplicity.

--Hans