[plt-scheme] Debugging servlets in DrScheme

From: Alexey Goldin (alexey.goldin at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 8 23:27:22 EST 2007

I decided to have a look at DrScheme enviroment and test servlets
teachpack hoping that I can interest some kids (8-9 grade) to play
with it, maybe build some kind of interactive fiction story or
something like this. I heard that it is possible and quite easy to
debug servlets in DrScheme and my understanding was that when you type
something like

(inform "Hey!")

a browser should start with a simple page generated by servlet.

I spent few hours reading docs, googling, etc but I have no idea how
to do it. DrScheme just has ladybug  symbol and paints inform with red
color without explanation of any kind. What kind of magic incantation
I am missing? What language, teachpacks (except for servlets2.ss)
should I choose? Or have I misunderstood tutorials completely? If yes,
what should  do to start web server? Is there some magic address I
should type into browser? I see a lot of examples on web and in
DrScheme documentation, I just have no idea how to run them....

I use DrScheme 352 in Ubuntu. I have only couple of hours experience
with DrScheme but quite confident with simple Common Lisp (Practical
Common Lisp by Seibel and slightly more, including its allegroserve
examples).

Thanks!

Posted on the users mailing list.