[plt-scheme] more possible planet functions

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 7 20:00:10 EST 2007

There are lots of variations on the searching theme tuned to
particular situations like what you describe (e.g., searches that take
advantage of a heuristic function, searches on graphs with high
branching factors) that may be worth your while to read up on. It
sounds to me like you may want to look at A* search:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A*_search_algorithm

and iterative deepening depth-first search:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iterative_deepening_depth-first_search

though I don't have anything more concrete to tell you.

-jacob