[plt-scheme] Message digests: md5, sha1, etc.

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 6 23:05:53 EST 2007

Daniel Yoo wrote:
>> Is it LD_LIBRARY_PATH that decides where DrScheme looks for
>> shared libraries on Linux?
> On Linux, there's a file called '/etc/ld.so.conf' that tells the
> dynamic link loader where to look for these files.  But it should
> automatically look for libraries under /usr/lib.  Strange.
> I'll try the library on my Ubuntu Dapper machine at work today and see
> if I can duplicate the problem.
Daniel is right, libcrypto.so is in /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so for me,
since I am on a 64-bit system. As an expiriment I tried moving
/etc/ld.so.conf and setting LD_LIBARY_PATH to nothing but libcrypto was
still found. Something else in the system must tell it to look in
/usr/lib64 but I don't know what.

Anyway this is what I usually have:

$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf

Posted on the users mailing list.