[plt-scheme] Pruning advice on "in place" PLT builds

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Sun Dec 30 16:53:03 EST 2007

On Dec 30, 2007 12:47 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:35:14 -0600, "Grant Rettke" wrote:
> > I want to prepare an "in place" Linux build so that the result can be
> > unpacked and run from any location.
> I think you want
>  configure --prefix=<dest dir> --enable-origtree
> Do not use --enable-shared.

Understood. Thanks.

> If you're using the SVN trunk, then the created installation will
> include docs. If you're working with the v3 branch, though, you'll want
> to install documentation before packing up the installation, since the
> docs are not included in an SVN checkout.

I exported the v372 tag and used that for the build. What steps must
one take to install the documentation?
I plan to follow the step of running help-desk and downloading all of
the additional manuals, is there anything more to it?
That comes *after* make-install, right?

Posted on the users mailing list.