[plt-scheme] precise GC example?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 29 14:51:08 EST 2007

At Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:13:51 -0500, tom sgouros wrote:
> I wonder, though, if anyone has a more elaborate example of the genre
> to share than the one in collects/mzscheme/example.  I'd be particularly
> grateful as well for an example that worked via the mzc --xform compile.

I'm not sure whether it has the kinds of things you're looking for, but
the code in plt/src/mzscheme/src is all processed by xform to build
mzscheme3m.

> I also wonder about testing.  With GC issues, I'm thinking that merely
> working isn't a particularly good test.  How can I be sure that I've
> done this correctly and that I'm not merely creating opportunities for
> obscure failures at random times in the future?

You're right: it's very difficult to test. Unfortunately, I don't have
a better answer than "make sure you understand the issues and write
code that works".

It might make sense to post some code fragments here, especially pieces
that trip up xform or that you're unsure about.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.