[plt-scheme] Using DrScheme as editor for an external Scheme system

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 28 10:25:25 EST 2007

> In the meantime, the Brown crew has embedded OCAML in this style and
> Dracula does communicate with the ACL2 theorem prover in this manner.
> (The language semantics, however, is implemented via macros and PLT
> Scheme.) I suspect that Dracula is a better model for a starting
> point but I am not sure.

Depending on the kind of embedding you're looking for, then, either
Dracula or DrOCaml is a better starting point, because Dracula uses
more of Scheme, whereas DrOCaml punts entirely to the outside (but
gets enough information from the outside to actually provide a fairly
rich internal experience).

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.