[plt-scheme] Good compiler texts?

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 26 21:37:52 EST 2007

I hate to ask this, because I feel like it must have been asked
before, but I searched the archives and couldn't find it.

Can anyone suggest a good book on compiler theory?

I'm not so interested in the nitty-gritty details of going to assembly
code, but more interested in the difference in expressive powers and
performance of different kinds of parsers, the idea of Abstract Syntax
Trees, error detection and recovery, etc. In other words, I guess I'm
most interested in the front-end part of compiler construction.

I've been trying to go through the dragon book and I keep getting
annoyed that they're being incredibly detailed about things that I
don't care about, but vague and hand-wavy about things I do care about
and wondered if there's something out there that people think is
better.

Thanks,
Todd

Posted on the users mailing list.