[plt-scheme] Commercial hosting of the PLT Web Server

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen at degabrielle.name)
Date: Wed Dec 26 19:25:58 EST 2007

You could try the 'Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud' thingy, the idea
being that you only run it when you need it to keep it under the $5 a
month limit.

cheers,

On Dec 25, 2007 12:59 AM, Dan Prager <danprager at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Mat
>
> Thanks for taking an interest.
>
> Background:
>
> I do commercial work by day, but have a personal fun project that I am keen
> to start on.
> For maximum enjoyment I would like to use Scheme, but am concerned that I
> won't be able
> to easily obtain public hosting at a spouse-justifiable price.
>
> So:
>
> By cheap, let's go with <= $5 (maybe $15) / month.
>
> By simple:  I mean that I would prefer not to have to do some sysadmin-y
> things.
>
> Ideally, are there services out there that allow you to use the PLT
> Web-server
> to host your app "out-of-the-box" (I couldn't find any)?
>
> Alternatively, I am prepared to learn and do what is necessary
> within reasonable time constraints.  For example, if there are services that
> allow you to set up your own web-server, and that's the easiest way to get
> started,
> then if someone could point me to such a service, or -- even better -- point
> instructions for how to set-up the PLT Webserver on such a service, that
> would be
> great.
>
> By levels of service:  Pretty rudimentary would suffice.
>
> However:
>
> If it turns out that my idea "takes off", then I would be interested in
> higher cost, higher
> level-of-service alternatives.
>

> Thanks again
>
> Dan

Cheers,

Stephen

--
Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 5242 (x45242)
Mobile                  079 851 890 45
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/annb/MaSI.html
University College London Interaction Centre
Remax House - 31/32 Alfred Place
London - WC1E 7DP

Posted on the users mailing list.