[plt-scheme] DrScheme becomes unstable after using (system ...) function, any suggestions?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 24 21:20:35 EST 2007

At Sun, 23 Dec 2007 18:40:34 +0200, Yavuz Arkun wrote:
> While trying to use the system function from process.ss library, I
> discovered that DrScheme becomes unstable after calling this procedure
> several hundred times. Here is the bug report that I submitted (#9119):

Thank you for the bug report! This bug is fixed in the SVN trunk, and
the repair will be included in v372.

The problem was specific to Windows and the 3m variant of PLT Scheme.
More specifically, the bug was in the clean-up sequence of a data
structure that records Windows-level threads, including ones that are
created to manage Windows-level pipes as Scheme ports, such as the
pipes created by `subprocess'.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.