[plt-scheme] Standard ML in PLT Scheme

From: Jens Axel Soegaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Sat Dec 22 15:07:29 EST 2007

Marco Morazan wrote:

> A question that is sure to come up: Why, after static type checking,
> would you turn everything into a dynamically typed world?
>
> If you have a good argument for this, I would be delighted to hear it.

One thing you can do in this setup, that you not normally
can do, is to run programs the type checker rejects.

Although the error message from the type checker ought
to be enough to track the error down; people not yet
comfortable with interpreting the abstract types
in the error message, will find it helpful to be
shown a specific value of the offending type.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard