[plt-scheme] Standard ML in PLT Scheme

From: Chongkai Zhu (czhu at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 20 18:08:52 EST 2007

Jens Axel Soegaard wrote:
> Chongkai Zhu skrev:
>> I have seen the same. It should run even with out compiling.

I think I forgot to define "name" in info.ss, so it doesn't compile.
Will fix.

> It does!
>
> Gettting closer. Running
>
>   #lang sml
>   1+1;

Only structure, signature, and functor definition is supported for
"#lang sml". So even you only want "1+1", you will have to put:

#lang sml
structure foo =
  struct
    val it = 1+1
  end

I'm going to write a more detailed doc and will put it online.

> gives:
>
> ../../../Users/soegaard/Library/PLT
> Scheme/371.3/collects/sml/lang/reader.ss::1549:  exec failed (-1)
>
> which indicates that there is problem with calling hamlet.
>
> However...
>
> The variable hamlet is set:
>
>   > (getenv "hamlet")
>   "hamlet"
>
> And it is possible to start it:
>
> > (require (lib "process.ss"))
>
> > (system "hamlet -v")
> HaMLet 1.3.1 - To Be Or Not To Be Standard ML
> [Evaluation mode]
> - 1+1;
> val it = 2
> [The DrScheme input field]
>
> Any ideas?

No Idea. Could you manually step through the "unparsed-read" function of
"reader.ss", so that I can get more details? Thanks.

>> And, can you compile by hand, using mzc -k, or "Setup PLT"?
>
> Haven't tried yet.

Chongkai

Posted on the users mailing list.