[plt-scheme] Build problems on amd64--freebsd7.0?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 17 22:23:01 EST 2007

At Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:16:37 +1100, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> I remember some mailing list commentary earlier this month about
> several Lisp implementations having problems with a change to
> which signal is delivered on a memory fault, in FreeBSD-7, but I
> can't remember what the outcome of that was.

In src/mzscheme/gc2/sighand.c, find the FreeBSD part, and change SIGBUS
to SIGSEGV.

Here's the general fix, from the SVN trunk:

#  if defined(__FreeBSD__) && (__FreeBSD_version < 700000)
#    define USE_SIGACTON_SIGNAL_KIND SIGBUS
#  else
#    define USE_SIGACTON_SIGNAL_KIND SIGSEGV
#  endif

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.