[plt-scheme] Re: design patterns in Scheme

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 15 12:05:38 EST 2007

Thanks,
this is excellent stuff, much appreciated.

I've cc'd it to the list because I'm guessing there are people who must be
interested in in this too.

the link wouldn't work for me but the csail Digital Repository saved me;
http://publications.csail.mit.edu/

---
AIM-2002-005

Author[s]: Gregory T. Sullivan

Advanced Programming Language Features for Executable Design Patterns
"Better Patterns Through Reflection

March 22, 2002

ftp://publications.ai.mit.edu/ai-publications/2002/AIM-2002-005.ps

ftp://publications.ai.mit.edu/ai-publications/2002/AIM-2002-005.pdf

The Design Patterns book [GOF95] presents 24 time-tested patterns that
consistently appear in well-designed software systems. Each pattern is
presented with a description of the design problem the pattern addresses, as
well as sample implementation code and design considerations. This paper
explores how the patterns from the "Gang of Four'', or "GOF'' book, as it is
often called, appear when similar problems are addressed using a dynamic,
higher-order, object-oriented programming language. Some of the patterns
disappear -- that is, they are supported directly by language features, some
patterns are simpler or have a different focus, and some are essentially
unchanged.

--
Cheers,

Stephen

--
Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 5242 (x45242)
Mobile                  079 851 890 45
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/annb/MaSI.html
University College London Interaction Centre
Remax House - 31/32 Alfred Place
London - WC1E 7DP