[plt-scheme] Re: Can't run Dr. Scheme

From: sasuke (database666 at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 10:17:44 EST 2007

First of all, thanks to all those who replied to my thread for helping
me out. I really appreciate it.

On Dec 11, 7:54 pm, "Robby Findler" <ro... at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> I'm guessing that Matthew's found the answer, so probably best to try
> that first (deleting the preferences file).
>
> Robby
>
> On Dec 11, 2007 8:52 AM, Jens Axel Soegaard <jensa... at soegaard.net> wrote:
>
> > sasuke wrote:
>
> > > I would still like to hear if any of you have some suggestions I could
> > > try out.
>
> > Yet another idea:
> >    1. Install DrScheme on an XP box.
> >    2. Manually copy the texpict directory.
>
> > /Jens Axel

Considering that I don't know about the underlying architecture of Dr.
Scheme or about the language itself, I tried out something logical
which worked for me.

I opened the rogue file "rep.ss" in my text editor and located the
function which was causing Dr. Scheme to throw an exception and
commented it entirely. It's the one on line 1237 with a comment
";;setup the special repl values" on top of it. After doing that I
started Dr. Scheme and it loaded just fine.

Again I go the file "rep.ss" and uncomment the part which I had
commented and Dr. Scheme still worked fine. I guess after successful
startup, it must have fixed the 'plt-pref.ss' file as Matthew  said
earlier. Neat, isn't it? ;-)

Thanks a lot again. :-)

Regards,
sasuke.