[plt-scheme] Can't run Dr. Scheme

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Dec 11 10:09:46 EST 2007

On Dec 11, Jens Axel Soegaard wrote:
> Robby Findler skrev:
> > I'm guessing that Matthew's found the answer, so probably best to try
> > that first (deleting the preferences file).
>
> Sasuke, yes try that first.
>
> Robby, Should the uninstaller ask to remove the preferences file?
> Since Sasuke tried the uninstall-install trick and that didn't work,
> it must mean that the preferences file was deleted?

The problem is that the uninstaller is a different story -- for
example, on Windows it's an application that is built by the
(NSIS-based) installer.

But this is another case of confusing machine and user-specific
stuff.  It doesn't make sense for the uninstaller to remove
preferences when you have more than one user on the machine.  (Same
reason why planet is not used by the installer.)