[plt-scheme] Re: Can't run Dr. Scheme

From: sasuke (database666 at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 9 04:46:53 EST 2007

On Dec 9, 12:38 pm, "Benjamin L. Russell" <dekudekup... at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> My apologies for the repeated responses, but I just
> remembered that some IDE's will not run on 64-bit
> CPU's.  Windows Server 2003 supports 64-bit CPU's, but
> it is not clear whether DrScheme does.
>
> If I may ask, which CPU are you currently running
> Windows Server 2003 on, and is it a 32-bit or a 64-bit
> CPU?
>
> Benjamin L. Russell

Thanks a lot for replying Benjamin, I thought I would never get an
answer.

As for the specifications, I have a 32 bit version of Windows 2003
home server edition running on AMD 64 processor. I have till now
installed a lot of language distributions on my machine (Erlang, Ruby,
Python, Haskell, Ocaml) but never faced any problem so I have no idea
why Dr. Scheme would not work for the same. Plus the error message
somehow has the feel that it is not related to OS or CPU architecture
in any way.

I am trying to read How to design programs and they recommend using
PLT scheme since it has scheme and many more things (eg. HTTP Server,
graphics etc.). If this is an issue, won't the creators of Dr. Scheme
do anything about it i.e. is there no solution?

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Regards,
--sasuke

Posted on the users mailing list.