[plt-scheme] Delirium - a web automation tool

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 7 09:02:53 EST 2007

Hi all,

Delirium is a web-browser automation toolkit, which means it's a
Scheme library that provides a bunch of functions that you can use to
control a web browser.  We expect the primary use will be for web
testing, and Delirium can be used inside SchemeUnit like any other
Scheme library.

For the Schemers Delirium isn't anything special, but we believe the
use of continuations make Delirium a major advance over similar web
testing tools like Selenium.  If you write your server code in Scheme
you can directly test how your server side responds to web tests with
tests running on the same server.  That is to say a test can
interleave calls to the web browser and to the server side code, which
is impractical without continuations.  This features makes it much
easier to write reliable and comprehensive tests.

Delirium is on PLaneT:

  http://planet.plt-scheme.org/display.ss?package=delirium.plt&owner=untyped

Note the documentation was translated by hand from Scribble
documentation.  Some errors may have been introduced during the
translation.

Enjoy!
N.

Posted on the users mailing list.