[plt-scheme] FrTime implementation

From: Gregory Cooper (greg at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 3 11:28:35 EST 2007

Hi Dave,

I'd be very interested to see this project succeed, and I'll be more
than happy to help you understand anything you want to know about the
FrTime implementation.

I did some work a few months ago to try and optimize the animation
library, so it's probably a bit obfuscated now, but it sounds like you
understand essentially what you'd need to do.  You can use the
"lift-strict" function (provided by lang-ext.ss) to lift a procedure.
If you pass the resulting procedure any time-varying arguments, it
will be re-evaluated every time any of the arguments change.  There is
also a custom "provide" macro in mzscheme-core.ss, which makes it easy
to provide a lifted version of any procedure(s) defined in the module.

If you want to talk in more detail about the interface you're looking
to define and how best to use FrTime, feel free to contact me
directly.

Best regards,
Greg