[plt-scheme] Highlighting parentheses.

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 1 16:01:25 EST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007 12:42 PM, Henk Boom <lunarc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/11/2007, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> > Well, I couldn't resist (altho I probably should have). I've added
> > this feature to DrScheme, but have currently checked a version to SVN
> > that has it disabled.
>
> I find it hides the shape of the code, perhaps it could not colour the
> leading and trailing whitespace on each line?

This is AWESOME! Thanks, Robby!

The amazing thing is that students can immediately *see* whether two
(or more) pieces of data are on the same level as one another. No
matter how much I tell them to use indenting to their advantage, my
students don't seem to want to. This would help them see when things
are not at the right level much quicker, I think. (But, as Henk said,
it'd be nice to not have the whitespace interfering.)

Todd

Posted on the users mailing list.