[plt-scheme] Perplexed Programmers

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 29 12:51:31 EDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 12:42 PM, jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr wrote:

> I pointed out some reasons why the situation concerning the
> programming
> competence/quality in Europe/France seems to be blocked by the way the
> contry/society got organized. I said:
>>> So, sorry for some impoliteness, but a person who claimed that
>>> the  "guilt"
>>> is individual, that teachers, programmers, managers, etc. are
>>> bad  workers,
>>> and such an abstract monster as "the system" doesn't really
>>> exist  in this
>>> context, said a sheer nonsense. We are not in XVIII century anymore.

Jerzy, I have included "connectors" from the beginning of the
discussion,
which I consider the manifestations of systems. I don't think you have
any reason to call this 'sheer nonsense' and '18th century' thinking.
It is a long-standing principle of 'subsidiary', which you as a Polish
person may recognize as Catholic if you don't practice the faith.

I will put the rest, including your insinuations and insults below,
where they belong.

-- Matthias