[plt-scheme] DrScheme buglet?

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 12:18:18 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 11:01 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> On 8/29/07, Todd O'Bryan <toddobryan at mac.com> wrote:
> > Yep. This is what's happening and it's kind of what I suspected.
> >
> > I wonder if there would be some way to create a definition scope that
> > just consists of the teachpacks and then add the user definitions to
> > that scope if it's syntactically well-formed. If it's not, just load the
> > teachpack scope or something.
>
> In general, that's a wonderful research question :)

Is this really a research question? I'll admit I'm not up enough on how
exactly contexts are implemented, but isn't it somewhat additive? Can't
you evaluate the teachpacks, save the data structure you get, evaluate
the user defs and use the saved structure or the final structure
depending on whether or not you get an error?

Obviously, I'm vastly oversimplifying or you wouldn't have said what you
said, but can you tell me how I'm oversimplifying concisely in a way
that's not likely to make my brain explode? :-) No is an acceptable
answer.

Todd

Posted on the users mailing list.