[plt-scheme] Extending

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 25 15:09:32 EDT 2007

On 8/25/07, Matt Jadud <jadudm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robby,
>
> On 8/23/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> > I see. You might want to check out the way logging is done. Sounds
> > close to what you need.
> >
> > Robby
>
> Searching the PLT source doesn't turn up anything insightful for
> either "logger", "logging", or "log". Where should I look to learn
> more about how logging in done?

Its not documented (its not an external interface), but if you look
for "logging" in plt/collects/drscheme/private/unit.ss you should find
something.

> In extending the DrScheme frame, I've started with the minimal tool
> (ie. it says hello during the various phases); if I wanted to use an
> existing tool as a model for what I'm about to do, would there be one
> that was a better choice than others? Eg. Would reading the "Check
> Syntax" tool be a good choice?

Maybe. I would probably start with the docs, tho. If you can't find
something, let me know -- I'll fix the docs and tell you where it
should have been if it isn't there.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.