[plt-scheme] Errors in v371

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 20:22:47 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 20:18 -0400, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> On Aug 24, Todd O'Bryan wrote:
> >
> > On a tangent, having nice .debs was wonderful. Any help I or my more
> > talented minions could offer to help make creating .deb files from
> > the source distribution more automatic so that they'd again be
> > available when new versions are released?
>
> Sure.  I'd love to have packages in formats that are more convenient
> for such platforms -- but I don't know much about them.  (The .sh
> installers should be very convenient -- they will even generate an
> uninstall script that removes everything, and if you do a "unix-style"
> installation that an existing uninstaller is found and used.  But I
> know that a native distribution package is more cooperative with other
> package tools.)
>
> If you want .deb packages (and if anyone wants anything else), give me
> instructions for creating one.  The PLT distributions are first packed
> as tgz archives (at http://pre.plt-scheme.org/pre-installers/), and
> these archives are then packaged up in various installer formats.  So
> the instructions I need are for taking such a .tgz and making a .deb
> from it.

Ah. I thought you were actually the person who did the .debs, but had
just gotten behind. I've looked at the Debian packaging instructions
before, but, as you'd guess, they're rather involved. I'll see if I can
find a student with a strong stomach who might be willing to give it a
shot.

Thanks again,
Todd

Posted on the users mailing list.