[plt-scheme] 370.6 segmentation fault

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 21:13:41 EDT 2007

I don't know if this is at all helpful, but I updated from 360-something
to 370.1 (svn rev 7117) today, and after building it, started getting a
very similar error on DrScheme startup.

However, in my case the error is intermittent, and I haven't been able
to figure out how to trigger it reliably.  When it occurs, it occurs
after the bar in the startup window is filled, but before any icons
appear, and prints as follows:

   Seg fault (internal error) at (nil)
   Aborted

I have had this occur in the 3m version, both with JIT enabled and
disabled.  I haven't yet had the problem occur with the CGC version, but
I'm not sure if that's just coincidence, since I've only tried loading
the CGC version a few times.  I'm running on Debian AMD64.

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.