[plt-scheme] Problem with Post-Redirect-Get in FireFox

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Aug 9 10:59:03 EDT 2007

Anton van Straaten skrev:
> Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
>> So what actually happens if the web-server receives a HEAD request?
>
> Using lwp-request (a Perl tool often included in Linux distributions),
> executing "HEAD http://localhost/" against the PLT web server returns
> the following for me:
>
>   200 Okay
>   Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:39:36 GMT
>   Server: PLT Scheme
>   Last-Modified: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:05:58 GMT
>   Client-Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:39:36 GMT
>   Client-Peer: 127.0.0.1:80
>   Client-Response-Num: 1

What happens if you execute a HEAD for a servlet (and not a static
file)?

>  > Maybe my problem
>  > is due to the fact that I am redirecting to the same page that the
>  > POST stemmed from?
>
> This sounds plausible.  It'd be easy to test, by redirecting to a
> different page instead.

I'll try.

In the mean time, I have found out the the cache header didn't solve
the problem completely. Now the servlet *sometimes* work with
FireFox and *sometimes* not. Mostly like I have a mistake somewhere,
but am looking in the wrong place.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard