[plt-scheme] Problem with Post-Redirect-Get in FireFox

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Aug 9 05:40:55 EDT 2007

Vladimir Zlatanov wrote:
> I don't know about the plt-webserver. I had a lot of trouble in the past
> with browsers, using other implementations.
>
> It generally pays off for GET->POST->REDIRECT->(GET|HEAD) to force the
> no-cache behaviour. As far as I remember even then you might hit
> problems, but I can't recollect the exact cases, they are a
> voodoo science.
>
> The browser can choose to issue HEAD to check for status, although you
> expect a GET instead. The decision GET|HEAD is due to the browsers' page
> handling and caching logic, which isn't and can't be specified in the
> http protocol specs, that's why the language in the RFC.

Hmm. It might have something to do with the way the PLT web-server
responds to HEAD. In the web-server manual it says:

   A request is

  (make-request symbol url environment environment string string)
  (define-struct request (method uri headers bindings bindings/raw
                          host-ip client-ip post-data/raw))

   [where] method [is]
    One of
         * 'get
         * 'post

So what actually happens if the web-server receives a HEAD request?

--
Jens Axel Søgaard