[plt-scheme] Problems building plt scheme 370 under FreeBSD 6.2 with --enable-shared

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 7 09:10:04 EDT 2007

At Tue, 07 Aug 2007 11:21:49 +0200, "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" wrote:
> T. Kurt Bond wrote:
> > Building plt scheme 370 under FreeBSD 6.2 without --enable-shared
> > seemd to work fine.  Building with it *with* --enable-shared fails
> > with the error
> >
> >> libtool: link: cannot find the library `'
>
> This and similar problems are fixed in recent snapshots,

Yep, I had just managed to confirm that myself: v370 --enable-shared
fails with the same error on my FreeBSD 6.2 machine, but the latest
builds fine.

The relevant change (I think) is that we upgraded the version of
libtool that is included in the distribution.

We expect to release v371 soon.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.