[plt-scheme] Advice request: compiling mzscheme with icc?

From: Kyle Smith (airfoil at bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Aug 6 14:49:49 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone has attempted a compile of mzscheme
with Intel's icc compiler?  If so, I'd love to find out if there were
any rocks along the way to avoid.  If not, I'd appreciate guidance
on the sanity of such an undertaking, as well as probable areas
of difficulty.

My motivation is to avail myself of icc's native code generation
support for the duo core Xeon processor, as well as the
compiler's `-parallel' option, which does analysis to determine
wether a block of code can safely be either vectorized, using
the advanced instruction set of the duo core processor, or
parallelized,  On mini-benchmarks, these features can have
dramatic affect on the performance of serial code.

Any thoughts from the group would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--kyle
airfoil at bellsouth dot net
schemekeys.blogspot.com